Terms and Conditions
APN Newspapers – Cameron Smith Giveaway
1. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
3. The competition is open to Queensland Residents only.
4. Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have consent from a parent/legal guardian to be eligible to enter.
5. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943.
6. To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing) to register their details in full, commencing 12:00am Monday June 20, 2016.
7. The on-line entry form must be completed in full.
• Gympie - www.gympietimes.com.au/originposter
• Ipswich - www.qt.com.au/originposter
• Sunshine Coast - www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/originposter
• Toowoomba - www.thechronicle.com.au/originposter
• Warwick - www.warwickdailynews.com.au/originposter
• Bundaberg - www.news-mail.com.au/originposter
• Wide Bay - www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/originposter
• Gladstone - www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/originposter
• Mackay - www.dailymercury.com.au/originposter
• Rockhampton - www.themorningbulletin.com.au/originposter
8. Contestants may submit more than one entry, however can only win one (1) prize.
9. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
10. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
11. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
12. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. There is one (1) winner chosen by random draw from all entries submitted.
• One (1) framed and signed Broelman Cameron Smith Cartoon Poster, retail value $500.00 (inclusive of GST).
14. The total maximum retail value of the prizes is $500.00 (inclusive of GST).
15. The prize is valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
16. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
18. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
19. The competition commences at 12:00am on Monday June 20, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm Sunday June 26, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
20. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
• Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
• The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
• Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
21. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
22. The prize winner will be selected in an electronic random draw by the Group Marketing Manager at the Sunshine Coast Daily office, Newspaper Place, Maroochydore commencing at 10:00am Monday June 27, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
23. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winner will be published in an editorial piece on Saturday July 2, 2016 and will appear in the publications listing at clause 27.
25. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
26. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
27. The winner will be published in the following newspapers:
• Gympie - Gympie Times
• Ipswich - QT (Queensland Times)
• Sunshine Coast - Sunshine Coast Daily
• Toowoomba - The Chronicle
• Warwick - Warwick Daily News
• Bundaberg – News-Mail
• Wide Bay - Fraser Coast Chronicle
• Gladstone – The Observer
• Mackay - Daily Mercury
• Rockhampton - The Morning Bulletin
28. Prizes must be claimed in person (unless otherwise advised) and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residence.
29. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
30. Contestants aged under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
31. All prizes must be collected within 90 days. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these Terms and Conditions on Monday October 3, 2016.
32. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
32. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
33. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.