TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Observer – 2016 Best In Business Awards
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents who reside within The Observer distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Gladstone Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Queensland. ABN 25 009 781 891.
- To nominate, readers must collect the nomination form printed in The Observer between August 8, 2016 and October 14, 2016.
- Nomination forms must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Readers can nominate more than one (1) business in a single category on one (1) nomination form, however, each nomination form must be for one business in each category only. Additional nominations in each category require a new nomination form.
- Nomination forms, once completed, must be placed in an envelope marked The Observer – 2016 Best In Business Awards; then
- Deliver to: The Observer, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680; or
- Send to: PO Box 351, Gladstone Qld 4680.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period (clause 15).
- Readers may submit more than one nomination, however, one (1) nomination form per standard envelope constitutes a valid nomination.
- Nominating is free, however, readers are responsible for any cost associated with delivering nomination via office delivery or by post.
CATEGORIES for NOMINATION
- GAPDL Categories in Tourism: Accommodation, Restaurants, Tourism Attractions, Café/Takeaway, Events
General Business Categories:
Health, Beauty & Wellbeing
Professional Services & Sales
Retail <10 staff
Retail >10 staff
Industry, Engineering & Manufacturing
Wheels – Auto and Marine
Not for Profit – Clubs & Community & Associations
Young Business Leader <30
Business of Choice
Observers Innovation Award
Business to watch
Best In Business
GCCI Category – Best Individual Service
- Nominations commence at 6:00am Monday August 8, 2016 and close at 6:00pm, October 14, 2016 (Promotion Period). Nominations received after the promotion period has ended will be deemed invalid.
- All nominated businesses will receive a Certificate.
- Prizes for the nominated business winners are as follows:
- Overall winner: receives a framed Certificate and a trophy, retail value $110.00 (inclusive of GST).
- One (1) Weekday full page advertisement (Monday – Friday) and a write up about their Business/Company, retail value $4,846.25 (inclusive of GST).
- Advertisement must be booked before June 30, 2017, or the prize will be deemed invalid.
- Advertisement prize expiry date will not be extended.
- All other winners from each category receive (1 Winner per category):
- One (1) framed Certificate and a trophy, retail value $90.00 each (inclusive or GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $7,206.25 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Monday August 8, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Friday October 14 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The judging panel will consist of one person from each Sponsor of the 2016 Best In Business Awards (Clause 26)
- The judging panel will comprise one (1) representative each from:
- Gladstone Chamber of Commerce (GCCI); and
- Gladstone Area Promotion Development Limited (GAPDL); and
- The Observer
- Judging will take place via a tally of the nominations received, commencing at 10:00am Monday October 17, 2016 at The Observer office, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680.
- Once the voting tally has been completed, the top four (4) businesses will be notified by way of an acceptance form and a minor business plan is to be submitted by each business by 5:00pm Tuesday October 25, 2016.
- The judging panel will arrange a time with those businesses for a short 10 minute interview for those businesses in each category between 5:30pm and 7:00pm on October 31, 2016 and November 3, 2016.
- The judging panel will select the winning businesses on Friday November 4, 2016 at 8:00pm.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be announced on November 12, 2016 at the Gala Dinner for Best In Business.
- Winners and winner’s photos and winning categories will be published in The Observer on November 19, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes will be presented at the Best In Business Gala Dinner, Government issued Photo ID may be required to confirm identity and residency.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be collected by the winner or their authorised person within 90 days of notification.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
40. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
41. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
42. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
43. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
44. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
45. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
47. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.