Woman, child burned in Australia Day BBQ accident

A WOMAN and child have been injured in an Australia Day barbecue accident.

Emergency services were called to a property at Bushland Beach about 2pm following reports the gas bottle connected to the barbecue had exploded.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said it appeared the explosion occurred as the two were not properly connected.

Paramedics treated a woman, believed to be age 35, and a girl, 8, for minor burns.

Both were taken to Townsville Hospital in a stable condition as a precaution.



Plan to get cheaper gas flowing to Gladstone

premium_icon Plan to get cheaper gas flowing to Gladstone

Shorten expected to outline Labor's proposal in Gladstone today

'Not a sob story': Inspiration for change to disability care

premium_icon 'Not a sob story': Inspiration for change to disability care

The Reigning Black Sheep is a biographical story about Agnes G's son