Woman bitten by brown snake shows neighbour before first aid
A CABOOLTURE woman has survived being bitten by one of the deadliest snakes in the world
Sunshine Coast Snake Catcher Richie Gilbert said in a post on Facebook he was contacted by the woman who was bitten on the finger by a snake about 1.30pm yesterday.
"She tried to get it away from her cat, which had caught it and was chewing on it in her living room," Mr Gilbert said in the post.
TOP FIVE SNAKE TALES ON THE SUNSHINE COAST
- NEIGHBOURHOOD CAPTURES SNAKE EATING A POSSUM
- SNAKE SLIPS INTO A PIZZA STORE
- VENOMOUS SNAKE FOUND AT MOOLOOLAH KINDY
- SNAKE CATCHER FORGETS TO TELL WIFE HE LOST A SNAKE IN HIS CAR
- RED BELLIED BLACK SNAKE SLIPS INTO BOTTLE-O
"It was an Eastern Brown Snake, the second most venomous snake in the world, but she didn't know that."
Mr Gilbert said the woman known as "Yvonne" panicked and instead of applying correct first aid, she carried the snake to her neighbours house.
When the neighbour wasn't sure what to do, or what type of snake it was... she carried it back home.
"An ambulance was called while they were waiting, they applied a bandage but it was around 10-15 minutes after the bite," Mr Gilbert said.
Fortunately the brown snake was only a juvenile, and only gave Yvonne a 'dry bite' (without venom).
"She is one very, very lucky lady and she should buy a lotto ticket first thing tomorrow morning!" Mr Gilbert said.
WHAT'S MAKING NEWS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST TODAY