What's on in the Gladstone region this weekend
LOOKING for something to do in the Gladstone region this weekend? Here's a rundown of some of the events and activities on offer.
Kids Big Night Out
ON THE second Friday of each month, Yaralla Sports Club invites all children aged 2-12 to Kids Big Night Out.
Mum and Dad, enjoy some 'me' time in the Club whilst the kids have dinner and a fun night of movies, games and activities.
This kids only event is fully supervised and tickets include dinner and drinks.
Book early to take advantage of discounts - tickets available from the concierge desk.
For more information visit www.yaralla.com.au or call 4972 9000.
FIND out about health issues and alternative medicines at a free information session held at Seventh-day Adventist Church on July 12.
Dr Anthony Espinet from the Gold Coast will deliver a talk on three topics.
From 9.30-10.30 and 11-12pm find out what the bible says about healthy living, from 1-2pm he will discuss natural ways to prevent and fight cancer and 2.45 - 4.15pm will be on reversing diabetes in a natural way.
For more information phone Ruth Heading on 4975 7511.
RSPCA cent sale
THE Friends of RSPCA's Cent Sale will be held on Saturday July 12 at the Gladstone Bowls Club with doors opening at 11am and the event will begin at 1pm.
All proceeds from the event will go towards feeding, veterinary expenses and housing of over 200 cats and dogs.
To reserve a table phone Bill or Marianne O'Reilly on 0418 188 812.
CALLIOPE Garden Club meets on the second Saturday of each month at 1.30pm.
For details phone Richard on 4975 6048.
Library Square Markets
HELD in the heart of Gladstone's Central Business District at Library Square, Gladstone residents and visitors can purchase delightful fresh produce, handmade arts and crafts and much more at the Library Square Markets on Saturday.
When you're done at the markets, there are a number of restaurants and cafes in the CBD that will tempt your tastebuds.
The markets run on Goondoon St from 7am until midday.
Phone 07 4978 1396 for more information.
Creative Gladstone official opening
CREATIVE Gladstone invites the community to the official opening of their new home and AGM.
The new premises are at 97-99 Auckland St.
The AGM will begin at 12pm sharp, followed by the official opening from 2pm - 5pm.
There will be demonstrations, stalls, art for sale, refreshment and entertainment.
For more information visit http://www.creativegladstone.org.au.
Gladstone Region Wedding Expo
YOUR wedding is one of the most important and memorable days of your life but often planning and expert advice can be difficult to come by.
Take the stress out of your big day by attending the Gladstone Region Wedding Expo at the Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre on Sunday.
There will be a large range of exhibitors on site from photographers to planners, to makeup artists and everything in between to help make your wedding day the day of your dreams.
For more information visit here.
IN a new venture for Gladstone, the PCYC will hold monthly indoor markets, starting on Sunday from 8am to midday.
The markets currently have 40 stalls, with site fees paid by stall holders, going back to PCYC.
Gladstone PCYC Markets Coordinator Barbara Reid said she's had a great response from the community with over 1200 likes on their Facebook page and growing interest from stall holders.
"We've got a good mix from fruit and vegetables through to children's clothing and adult clothing, body products, candles, we've got interest from herbal teas and massage.
The PCYC will be running a sausage sizzle and raffling off a $400 Nitro VX4 Scooter, donated by M1 Cycles to raise money for the centre on the day.
Discovery Coast Markets
THE Discovery Coast Markets are held on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at the SES Grounds located between Agnes Water and Seventeen Seventy.
Come and browse the arts and crafts, bric-a-brac and fresh produce available to purchase between 8am and midday.
GLADSTONE Gropers have started the winter season at the aquatic centre and will remain there until September when the club will return to the John Dahl Pool.
The training times are the same - Tuesday and Thursday 6.30-7.30pm, Sunday 7.30-9am.
While there are a number of members in the club who are interested in swimming competitions, endurance swimming or ocean swims, most members are interested in swimming for a health benefit.
Club president Rod Porteous said masters swimming caters for a wide variety of interests as well as a wide range of age groups.
Swimmers must be age 18 and over to join.
For further information please phone 4979 1215.
- Grand Hotel Gladstone: TGI Fridays with Nathan Bedford from 5pm
- Biloela Bowls Club: Pandamic from 7pm
- Gladstone Bowls: Bingo, 10am; Wolves Soccer Club bingo, 7.30pm
- Club Hotel: 888 PL Poker registration 6.30pm for 7.30pm start
- Agnes Water Tavern: Red Betty from 8pm
- Rocky Glen Hotel: The Mangs from 8pm
- Tannum Sands Hotel: Kenny Slide from 8.15pm
- Yaralla Sports Club: Bingo, 10am and 1pm
- Queens Hotel: Dance until late with Karina and Mak
- BITS Saints Football Club: The Mangs from 6.30pm
- Yaralla Sports Club: Free Poker, 7pm
- Rocky Glen Hotel: Kenny Slide from 8pm
- Young Aussie Hotel: JD's Karaoke from 8pm
- Agnes Water Tavern: Forbidden Road from 8pm
- Diceys: Smiles from 8pm
- Tannum Sands Hotel: Chase Like Abbey from 8.15pm
- Gladstone Reef Hotel: Chris Bax from 9pm
- Queens Hotel: Dance until late with Karina and Mak
- Grand Hotel: 888 PL Poker, registration from 1pm for 2pm start
- Tannum Sands Hotel: Live music, 8.15pm
- Young Aus Hotel: Raffles, 11.30am
- Queens Hotel: 888 PL Poker, registration 1pm for 2pm start
- Yaralla: Bingo, 1pm
- Railway Hotel: Sunday session, 2pm
- Rocky Glen Hotel: Chris Bax from 2pm
- Agnes Water Tavern: Kenny Slide from 2pm
- Tannum Sands Hotel: The Mangs from 2pm
- Gladstone Bowls: Wolves Soccer Club bingo, 7.30pm