What's on in the Gladstone region this weekend
LOOKING for something to do in the Gladstone region this weekend? Here's a rundown of some of the events and activities available.
Nathan Bedford performs at The Grand
FORMER Epidemic...Over vocalist Nathan Bedford will belt out his best tunes for Gladstone fans at The Grand Hotel.
He'll be on stage from 8pm. Entry is free.
Ice skating at GECC
ICE skating at the Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre marquee will continue until February 24 to celebrate the Winter Olympics.
The Winter Magic Ice Skating rink had originally been scheduled to close on Sunday, after giving Gladstone residents and visitors a cool place to be over summer.
Evening sessions will be held on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 7.30pm to 9pm, with daytime sessions on Saturday and Sunday at 10am, noon, 2pm and 4pm.
Click here for more details.
Pink Stumps Day at BITS Cricket Club
BILL Robertson Toyota and BITS Cricket Club are joining forces to help raise money for the McGrath Foundation on Pink Stumps Day.
Come along wearing pink and take heaps of change to donate to a great cause, while you cheer on the BITS Cricket team who will play a fun exhibition game of cricket.
There will be a sausage sizzle and a raffle with the chance to win a signed hat by Glen McGrath. The event runs from noon to 5.30pm.
CQ Starlight Cinema
RELAX and enjoy a movie under the stars at the CQ Starlight Cinemas free family event. The movie Despicable Me 2 will shown.
Food, drinks and a bar service will be operating, as well as a jumping castle for the kids. Don't forget your chairs and blankets.
The event, at Blain Park Rd, Gladstone, starts at 6pm with the movie from 7pm. Phone 4962 0555 for more details.
Gladstone martial arts sign-on day
GLADSTONE Martial Arts Academy will have a sign-on morning from 9am to noon.
Memberships are available in muay thai, kickboxing, krav maga, Brazilian jiu jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts and Zen Do Kai. More here.
Digital art workshop
COMMUNITY Arts on Goondoon will host a digital art workshop from 11am to 5pm. Participants will learn how to build digital artworks, edit and transform photos and manipulate elements into digital collages.
More details here.
Callide Valley BMX sign-on day
THE Callide Valley BMX Club is hosting a sign-on and come and try day at the Magavalis Sports Complex, Valentine Plains Rd, Biloela.
The event will run from 9am to noon. Phone 0419 665 045 for more details.
Library Square Markets
HELD in the heart of Gladstone's Central Business District at Library Square, Gladstone residents and visitors can purchase fresh produce, handmade arts and crafts and much more.
When you're done at the markets, there are a number of restaurants and cafes in the area to tempt your tastebuds.
The markets run from 7am to noon.
Friends of Bindaree Markets
THE Friends of Bindaree Garage Sale is a popular market event at Boyne Island run monthly by Bindaree Lodge Aged Care Facility.
You can find lots of bargains on second hand clothing, manchester, books, footwear, toys, furniture and much more.
The markets run from 7am to noon at 1 Beacon Ave, Boyne Island.
Get fit with Parkrun
STOCKLAND Gladstone and Parkrun Australia have launched a unique, community run program that provides free weekly timed 5km running events for people of all ages and abilities every Saturday morning from 7am-8am at Lions Park.
You can register online before your first run here.
BMX club hosts come and try morning
HARBOUR City BMX is hosting a day to attract more families to the track with a come and try session from 9am to noon.
Those attending need a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks, shoes, gloves, a helmet, drink bottle, and a bike if they have one. There will be some bikes available for those who can't bring one.
The session will include a sausage sizzle. The track is on Sun Valley Rd, Gladstone.
Cedar Galleries farmers markets
FARMERS Markets are held every Sunday at Cedar Galleries. The markets provide locally grown fresh produce, various market stalls, rides and jumping castles for the kids.
Come along for breakfast or coffee and cake at the cafe, and don't forget to say hi to the popular alpacas.
The markets run from 8am to noon at 49544 Bruce Hwy, Benaraby.
Discovery Coast Markets
THE Discovery Coast Markets are held on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at the SES Grounds on Captain Cook Dr between Agnes Water and Seventeen Seventy.
Come and browse the arts and crafts, bric-a-brac and fresh produce available for purchase.
The markets are open from 8am until noon.
- Yaralla Sports Club, bingo, 10am and 1pm
- Queens Hotel, dance until late with Karina and Mak
- Gladstone Bowls, bingo, 10am
- Wolves Soccer Club bingo, 7.30pm
- Club Hotel, 888 PL Poker registration 6.30pm for 7.30pm start
- Agnes Water Tavern, live music - Sam West, 8pm
- Yaralla Sports Club, free poker, 7pm
- Queens Hotel, dance until late with Karina and Mak
- Grand Hotel, 888 PL Poker, registration from 1pm for 2pm start
- Tannum Sands Hotel, live music, 8.15pm
- Agnes Water Tavern, mechanical bull and DJ, 8pm
- Young Aus Hotel, raffles, 11.30am
- Queens Hotel, 888 PL Poker, registration 1pm for 2pm start
- Yaralla, bingo, 1pm
- Railway Hotel, Sunday session, 2pm
- Gladstone Bowls, Wolves Soccer Club bingo, 7.30pm
- Bojangles, live music - Sunday Sessions, 4pm
- Are We Officially Dating?: 9.30am (Movie Mums), 9.45am (Movie Mums GR), 11.30am, 3.30pm, 6.15pm, 9.15pm
- The Wolf of Wall Street: 9.30am, 2.30pm, 8.10pm
- Labor Day: 9.30am, 2pm
- Winter's Tale: 9.30am, 2.05pm, 9pm
- Endless Love: 9.30am, 6.30pm
- Lone Survivor: 9.30am, 1.25pm, 6.30pm, 6.30pm (GR), 9pm
- Last Vegas: 11.25am, 11.45am (GR), 4.10pm, 7.10pm
- Dallas Buyers Club: 11.40am, 4.10pm (GR), 8.30pm
- Robocop: 11.45am, 1.50pm (GR), 4.20pm, 6.40pm
- Mandela - Long Walk to Freedom: 11.50am, 3.45pm
- Wolf Creek 2: 12.50pm, 4.40pm, 7pm, 9pm (GR), 9.10pm
Paranormal Activity - The Marked Ones: 2.55pm, 5.25pm