Here's what is open over the Easter long weekend
WITH the majority of shops, pubs and services closed for Good Friday, residents are reminded to think ahead to what they might need in the coming days.
Apart from Christmas Day, Good Friday is one of the only public holidays when shopping centres close.
Several supermarkets will be closed on Friday and will have reduced trading times over the Easter long weekend.
Convenience stores such as Spar Express and Nightowl will remain open, and the Gladstone Airport is also operating as normal.
Having to work in retail when everyone else in on holidays may seem unfair to some, but for Spar Express manager Jenny Ford it is just a part of the job.
"We're always open over Easter," she said. "It gives us a chance to make a bit more money because the bigger (shops) aren't open."
Ms Ford, who manages the Phillip St store, said Good Friday was a traditionally busy day as people made the most of the few shops that were open.
"People get lost because there's no shops available to them," she said. "People love to shop."
Gladstone Nightowl is trading as normal over the Easter weekend, from 6am to midnight.
Gladstone Nightowl owner Bruce Speare said Good Friday was usually a busy day, with people coming in to pick up food they had forgotten for family gatherings.
Easter is also a busy time for Gladstone Airport as people go away for holidays.
Gladstone Airport CEO Phillip Cash said there were no changes to the airport's operation over the long weekend.
"Definitely at the beginning and end, we're busy," he said.
"There's a great opportunity with Anzac Day the week after Easter (that) people take the extended leave."
Mr Cash was confident Gladstone Airport had the facilities to handle the peak period, such as car parking.
All Gladstone Regional Libraries will be closed on Good Friday and will re-open on Tuesday, April 22.
Gladstone Medical Centre and Gladstone Central Medical Centre are closed across the four days and the Gladstone GP Super Clinic is closed apart from Easter Sunday, when it will open from 9am-5pm.
Tannum Family Practice is closed Friday and Monday but is operating under normal weekend trading times for Saturday and Sunday.
The centre said people needed to ring early to book an appointment.
- Spar Express: 5am to 8pm, every day
- Nightowl Convenience Store: 6am to midnight, every day
- Coles: Closed Good Friday; open Saturday, Sunday and Monday 8.30am to 5.30pm; closed Anzac Day
- Woolworths: Closed Good Friday; Saturday 8.30am to 5.30pm; Sunday 9am to 6pm; Monday, 8.30am to 5.30pm; closed Anzac Day
- SUPA IGA Dawson Hwy: Saturday only, 8am to 3pm
- SUPA IGA Toolooa St: Closed Good Friday; Easter Saturday 7am to 7pm; Sunday 8am to 7pm; Monday 9am to 6pm
- SUPA IGA Sun Valley: Closed Good Friday; Saturday 7am to 6pm; Sunday 9am to 6pm; Monday, 9am to 6pm
- The Observer: The Gladstone Observer office will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. The paper can be collected at small supermarkets, newsagents and petrol stations. The Observer will not be published on Good Friday.