PHOTOS | Want to impress a hot date? Here's how ...
IN LIGHT of The Observer's recent article on the group of Gladstone men attending weekly 'Bachelor Nights', we think bachelors need to be in the kitchen more after seeing some of the delicious looking recipes, including the legendary 'Bogan Burger'.
If you're wanting to impress a hot date, here's a quick guide to the 'Bogan Burger'.
With this recipe you're sure to get to second base.
2 x pies (choose your type if pie, we recommend cheese and bacon for ultimate taste sensation)
1 x egg
4 x rashers of bacon
2 x slices of cheese
1 x meat patty
Choice of sauce (tomato, recommended)
1. Cook your pies. For a crispy pie we recommend oven bake, but if you're looking for a quick fix the microwave works just as well.
2. Fry your eggs. No one likes a dry burger, which is why we recommend frying until the white is cooked but the yolk is still runny. There is nothing better than a burger with egg dripping down the sides.
3. Fry your bacon. Cook to your own liking, but if its not crispy, remember, it's just ham.
4. Fry your meat patty. Once the patty is nearly cooked add the cheese slices on top and turn the heat down. This will allow the cheese to melt over the patty without the patty burning.
5. Assemble your Bogan Burger. Place one pie face up, place the meat patty and cheese, two rashers of bacon, the egg and another two rashers of bacon. Finish with you choice of sauce. Place a pie face down on top.
And there you have it folks, the legendary Bogan Burger.
Serve with a nice red wine, or a cold beer.
Disclaimer: In no way do we take credit for the creation of the 'Bogan Burger' all rights are reserved to Cameron Gillett and his bachelor buddies.