VIDEO:Missing Clermont girl found after nanna's plea
UPDATE 2.45PM: Missing Clermont girl Kaitlyn Earl-Rowe was located safe and well around 2.30pm in a vacant home in the township.
Police would particularly like to thank the dedicated State Emergency Services volunteers that worked tirelessly searching homes and bushland for three days.
Police would also like to thank the media and the public for their assistance.
EARLIER: THE grandmother of missing Clermont teenager Kaitlyn Earl has made a tearful plea for the former Yeppoon resident to call someone and let them know she is safe.
Marlene Bergman made the plea through the media at the Yeppoon Police Station this afternoon.
"We just need you to make contact with someone so we know that you are safe and well," she said.
Mrs Bergman said the family had spoken with Kaitlyn's friends in Clermont and did not know why she left.
Kaitlyn was last seen in Monash St, Clermont, on March 23 (seven days ago).
What we know:
- Kaitlyn, 15, was last seen on Wednesday night at 11:30pm.
- As the family woke on Thursday morning, ready to head off on a camping holiday, Kaitlyn's step mother discovered the teenager's empty bed.
- The night before her disappearance Kaitlyn had been playing handball with her younger brother and seemed happy.
- She was previously from Yeppoon and was also known down there as Kaitlyn Rowe.
- Her mother lives in Yeppoon
- Police are not treating Kaitlyn's disappearance as suspicious.
- She is described as caucasian, 162cm tall, of slim build with green eyes and long brown hair.
- "She was upset about something at school... but would not talk to anyone," Mr Earl said.
- A Go Fund Me page has been set up for the Earl family - https://www.gofundme.com/raw6yn8k