A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.



Get on board this popular Gladstone fun run

Premium Content Get on board this popular Gladstone fun run

Technicolour fun is coming to Gladstone’s Marina Parklands.

LIVESTREAM ACTION: 3 Power players to watch tomorrow

Premium Content LIVESTREAM ACTION: 3 Power players to watch tomorrow

Gladstone Power U14 basketball coach Michael Beamish has selected three players he...

Speeding gives away drink-driver twice

Premium Content Speeding gives away drink-driver twice

James Mark Abercrombie was caught twice in two months.