Travellers rescued after fight with skipper
A BIZARRE radio call asking "is anyone there?" on Friday saw a passing yacht pick up backpackers who were stranded at Cape Capricorn lighthouse on Curtis Island.
They had allegedly been stranded after arguing with the skipper of the yacht they had been travelling on, who departed with their belongings.
They were lucky to find the radio they used, food and water supplies in the unmanned lighthouse.
Passing yacht Cattiva picked up the stranded trio, who have been reunited with their possessions.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Girl, 6, saves four-year-old cousin’s life in swimming pool
- ELECTION 2015: Damage to LNP signs ‘un-Australian’
- ELECTION 2015: Keppel candidates Live Blog session at 2pm
- Abbott lashed over knighthood by Capricornia MP
- Women with big bums give birth to smarter children Terri with Bindi: 'Good parenting is really simple'