There’s a whole host of things for kids to do on holidays
THE first week of the school holidays has been a blast with more to come next week.
Kids around the region enjoyed being crafty; they got to make Christmas cards at Scrapbook Fantasies and decorations for their Christmas tree at the libraries around the region.
They went on teddy bears' picnics and an excursion to Splash Zone with PCYC and learnt how to make jewellery with local artist Lyn Lee at the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum.
Next week there's more to come, at the Gladstone City Library; Santa's visiting and reading a Christmas story on Tuesday.
There will be more card-making and scrapbooking at Scrapbook Fantasies on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
It's DIY galore at Bunnings; a DIY Christmas gliders workshop is being held on Tuesday with free face-painting available and on Thursday they're hosting a DIY mix-and-match artwork workshop.
- Bunnings DIY Tic Toc Drum. Saturday, 10am. Cost: Free (booking is necessary).
- Bunnings DIY Christmas Tree. Sunday, 10am. Cost: Free (booking is necessary).
- Cedar Galleries Farmers Market. Buy locally grown fresh produce at the various market stalls while the kids enjoy rides, jumping castles and alpacas. Time: 8am-2pm. Contact: 4975 0444.
- Discovery Coast Markets. Come and browse the arts and crafts, fresh produce and other items available to purchase. Time: 6am-2pm. Contact: 4974 9550.
- Scrapbooking and Card Making at Scrapbook Fantasies. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Contact: 4972 2117.
- Bunnings DIY Christmas Gliders. Tuesday, 10am. Cost: Free (booking is necessary).
- Bunnings Face-Painting. Tuesday, 9am-noon. Cost: Free.
- Christmas Story Time with Santa at Gladstone Library. Tuesday, 11am.
- Bunnings DIY Mix and Match. Thursday, 10am. Cost: Free (booking is necessary).