The long and short of a perfect fit for a pair of pants
WE ALL know the joy of finding a good pair of pants.
The challenge with pants is finding a pair that is comfortable, tight but elastic and complements your shape.
Words of advice for pant shopping include if you find a pair you like, buy a pair in two different shades.
And if you don't love them in the store, leave them because that's where you would like them the most.
Sometimes when we find a bargain that doesn't fit properly we convince ourselves we can mend it. But will you really? Consider the pattern and shape as these may change the appearance.
Helen McGuire, from Gladstone's Sewing HQ said: "Too short, they look funny and too long they drag and they rip on the ground."
A good hem length is also critical to your overall presentation.
Five pants for your wardrobe
1. Boyfriend - wonderfully slouchy and comfortable.
2. Cigarette trousers - edgy, sleek and show off great pins.
3. High waisted - hipster style, create the illusion of a smaller waist.
4. Work trousers - professional and comfortable.
5. Bold colour - bright yellows and pinks. Don't be afraid of this statement piece that can take you from day to night.