Council to discuss sale of Tannum land
GLADSTONE Regional Council will discuss the proposed sale of the Tannum Sands Civic Precinct land at its general meeting on Tuesday.
The council's Innovation, Sustainability and Opportunity Advisory Committee has recommended the sale of the land, which has been the subject of numerous reports in the past.
The most recent report, the Tannum Sands Centre Draft Concept Plan, outlines key elements for the precinct, including offices, medical suites, consultation rooms, an indoor sports and aquatic facility, residential subdivision, new skate park and retirement village.
If the councillors decide to accept the recommendation, they will invite expressions of interest to develop some or all of the land.
The meeting will also discuss the approval of a planned advertising billboard to be built on the northern side of the same block of land.
1. Retail and commercial opportunities that may include professional offices, medical suites, consultation rooms and associated health facilities.
2. Indoor sports and aquatic facility with swimming pool and gym etc.
3. Car park to be shared between the aquatic centre and the medical centre.
4. Pedestrian connection between this precinct and the existing shopping centre.
5. New skate park with controlled access through the aquatic centre.
6. Retirement village that may include a high-care facility.
7. Open space that provides for stormwater detention, local park and recreation.
8. Residential subdivision.