SUNfest encourages youngsters to try new activities
SUNFEST is getting kids off the couch and encouraging them to be active with lots of sports available to try.
Last week kids at SUNfest got a chance to try out different sports including squash, abseiling, indoor rock climbing and skateboarding.
Week two of SUNfest is shaping up to be very active.
On Monday youths around the region tried their hands at water sports including: surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking in Seventeen Seventy.
Head to the hockey grounds for Hook in2 hockey, a program teaching kids the basic skills of hockey to get them involved in Gladstone's hockey scene.
If hockey isn't for you then head next door to the Gladstone tennis/squash complex to give tennis a go.
Or head to the Awoonga headwaters adventure day to learn more about the environment while swimming, walking and canoeing.
- PCYC master chef day.
- Summer Reading Club Craft Gladstone City Library. Time: 9.30am.
- SUNfest photography workshop at Canoe Point. Time: 9am-noon. Cost: $15.
- SUNfest hot shoes/flash mob dancin' in the street at St Stephens Lutheran College, Time: today and tomorrow 9am-3pm. Cost: $30.
- SUNfest Lil' Kids klay kreetures clay workshop at Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum. Time: 10am-noon. Cost: $10.
- SUNfest Lil' Kids wirework wildlife at Tondoon Botanic Gardens and Calliope Community Centre. Time: 10.30am-12.30pm (Gladstone), 2-4pm (Calliope).
- PCYC Rockhampton Zoo excursion. Cost: $12 addition to standard day fee.
- Scrapbook Fantasies, 2pm cardmaking and 3.30pm scrapbooking.
- SUNfest Hook in2 Hockey, at Rigby Park. Time: 9am-noon. Cost: $6 (booked ticket).
- SUNfest recycled lanterns at PCYC. Time: tomorrow and Thursday 10am-3pm. Cost: $20 for both days.
- SUNfest Awoonga headwaters adventure day. Meet up at Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum. Time: 8am-5pm. Cost: $35 (booked ticket).
- Summer Reading Club Craft, Calliope and Agnes Water libraries 9.30am.