Luceo offers guilt-free style options online, in-store
STOCKING unique and classic styles from eco-friendly companies and brands is what Luceo is all about.
Originally an online clothing website, it is now found in Tannum Sands on the corner of Booth Av and Garnet Rd, as of about eight weeks ago.
Owner Megan Linnane and husband Yusuf Genc have a passion for quality clothing supplied by companies with sustainable and eco-friendly credentials, which is a common theme in all of their stocked brands.
"I just don't like the idea of sweatshops. Everyone should be paid fairly," Mrs Linnane said.
"Every label we have has a story, which is why we chose them."
The store prides itself on stocking beautiful, bohemian-like clothing and accessories, including dresses, pants, tops, maxi skirts, tunics, and organic cotton jeans from an Indian company, Good Society.
Mrs Linnane believes "fashion has to be unique and show people's personalities".
Dresses range from $70 to $350 for the higher-end labels.
Jewellery can be purchased from $20-$200; bags are available from $39 up to $250; and shoes are priced between $49-$260.
The relaxed clothing is ideal for the beach lifestyle offered at Tannum Sands and surrounding areas.
"The fashion industry is so disposable so it's important to choose wisely," Mrs Linnane said.
"A lot of (Luceo) items people will have in their wardrobe for years. They are like classics."
Mrs Linnane has lived in Gladstone for the past 22 years but spent eight years backpacking around the world, which inevitably inspired her thoughts and influences on fashion.
"I saw so many styles and labels overseas," she said.
"When I came back to Gladstone I felt the need to open my own store with different styles."
She said the Gladstone region was in need of more retail options.
"Luceo is very different, and I think if all the retail stores work together, there can be something available for everyone."
For more information, see the online store, http://www.luceo.com.au, visit the Facebook page or drop in to the store to have a look for yourself.
- Binny - One of the more popular brands because it is commonly worn on the TV series Offspring.
- TLuxe - A relatively new Australian brand, making its mark on the fashion scene in 2005.
- Humidity - A Western Australian brand, offering clothing with material ideal for our hot weather.
- Samantha Wills - Bohemian-styled jewellery. Luceo is the only store stocking this brand in the Gladstone region.
- Solito - A unique and beautiful collection of relaxed pieces.
- Others - Naudic, Briony Marsh, Misuzi, James Alexander Shoes, Pratten and many more.