Menu
News

Snake rescued from wall cavity after electric shock

A SUNSHINE Coast man has been told he was lucky he was home when a snake in his wall received an electric shock or his house might have burned down. 

The man saw smoke coming out of an electrical socket and smelled something burning. 

What he found behind the power point was an injured carpet python. 

Ritchie Gilbert, from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 had to cut holes in the walls to extract the burned snake, before taking it to Australia Zoo for some medical attention. 

Topics:  editors picks snake sunshine coast sunshine coast snake catchers



Christensen reported to police for ‘appalling’ photo

Nationals MP George Christensen has joked about shooting protesters

Wet week: Days of rain expected to hit parts of CQ

Weather outlook for the five days in Central Queensland.

CLOUDS expected to roll in tomorrow and stay all week

Motorcyclist injured in collision with L-Plater

A motorcycle has been involved in an incident on the corner of Agnes and French Street in South Gladstone on 18 February.

A motorbike rider has been taken to Gladstone Hospital.

Local Partners