Site works to prepare for water main upgrades in Agnes Water
SITE works in preparation for upgrade of various water mains at Agnes Water will start in late March.
Gladstone Regional Council Engineering Services portfolio spokesperson Councillor Rick Hansen said upcoming work activity was not likely to cause disruptions to the public.
Mowing and minor clearing in the existing water main areas will start late March along various road reserves and easements.
Work to confirm existing service locations will then follow in preparation for the anticipated start of the water main upgrade work in June.
"Council is currently planning various necessary upgrades of existing water infrastructure in Agnes Water and Seventeen Seventy," Cr Hansen said.
"These upgrades will take place in different stages over several years to ensure delivery of quality water services for residents and help cater for future demand."
Work will be carried out on:
• Springs Road: from the water treatment plant towards the police station
• Captain Cook Drive: Discovery Drive to the Agnes Water Waste Transfer Station
• Round Hill Road: from the school to Tavern Road
• Solander Close: along the water easement from Solander Close to Woodrow Drive
• Jarvey Drive: from the pump station to Anderson Way