Alleged siege man 'travelled 700km to confront victim'
AN unpaid drug debt was allegedly at the centre of a siege which closed a number of streets in Wandal at the weekend.
Sean Blazely, 25, appeared in the Rockhampton Magistrates Court yesterday charged with entering a dwelling with intent and threatening violence.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Darrell Dalton said it was alleged Blazely went to a Pershing St address on Saturday in order to recoup a drug debt of about $10,000 for a third party.
Sgt Dalton said Blazely, who is from New South Wales, had travelled 700km to confront the victim.
The court heard Blazely allegedly told the man he'd "better come up with the money... I could be bashing or torturing you right now".
Sgt Dalton said the defendant held the victim inside the house for 14 hours.
Police attended about 3.30pm and declared an emergent situation, but this was revoked at 5pm when Blazely was taken into custody.
Duty lawyer Lance Rundle made an application for bail on the defendant's behalf.
He told the court Blazely intended to defend the charges, but no plea was entered.
He said his client knew the victim and had been staying at the house for a few days.
Blazely is on bail in New South Wales.
Sgt Dalton objected to bail on the grounds that Blazely would fail to appear and commit further offences.
Magistrate Barry Cosgrove refused bail and the matter was adjourned to June 12.