A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued
A SEVERE thunderstorm warning has been issued by the bureau of meteorology.
Damaging wind and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are expected over the next several hours in parts of the Gulf Country, Northwest, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett districts. Locations which may be affected include Cloncurry, Bundaberg, Gladstone, Emerald, Clermont and Blackwater.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.