Coast surfer on Big Brother took advice from sister
COAST surfer Ryan Ginns looks set to cause mischief in the Big Brother house.
The 26-year-old, who grew up at Mooloolaba and attended Matthew Flinders Anglican College, was one of 12 fresh faces to enter the reality show's self-contained house at Dream World on the Gold Coast last night.
The launch show revealed the twist of this year's series and a world first for the brand: the housemates have been paired up to compete in the social experiment as duos.
As the final housemate of the night to be introduced, Ginns was paired up with 24-year-old Victorian Travis, whom he immediately started calling "Travie".
Ginns and his fellow housemates will be under constant surveillance with cameras covering every possible angle as they learn to cope without the stimulation of TV, music, books or mobile phones.
Growing up with three sisters might help Ginns navigate the politics of the show, with Big Brother granting two big female personalities special power over events in the house.
"I think I would know more about girls than any of the other guys," he said.
"It's because I was brought up with three sisters. I bet a lot of guys have no idea what a GHD is or what the term 'I don't want one, I'm not hungry' really means."
Ginns studied advertising and graphic design at the University of the Sunshine Coast and recently moved to Sydney.
But Big Brother has brought him back to southeast Queensland and he appears to be off to a good start, with psychological profiles determining him and Travis to be a "good match", according to host Sonia Kruger.
The show continues tonight, when four more housemates will enter the house.
WHAT'S HOT ACROSS THE SITES
- Serious crash ties up police for hours
- Residents living near Orica fear big blast
- Prince William thrilled at baby news for wife Kate
- Five foods to always avoid at the supermarket
- #mungolives - 'Dead' journo sparks Twitter frenzy
- Warning of 'Downton Abbey' society cut off for Royal news
- Fisherman catches monster marlin using handline
- Fate of Big Brother housemates hangs in the power balance
- Jay Z and Beyonce slam split speculation
What Australia had to say about the new Big Brother: