Roads to close as the Gladstone region remembers fallen
ROADS in town centres across the Gladstone region's will be closed for ANZAC Day services this Monday.
Gladstone Regional Council issued a statement today saying roads will be closed near memorials to ensure the safety of those attending dawn and morning services.
Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett said ANZAC Day services and parades said the ceremonies honouring those who served made the road closures necessary.
"ANZAC Day services are well supported within the Gladstone Region and, with so many people in attendance, it is vital that their safety be considered of utmost importance," Cr Burnett said.
"I am sure we will see another strong showing of support for our veterans and serving personnel by Gladstone Region residents this year and we must make sure they can arrive and depart the ceremonial sites safely."
Gladstone Dawn Service, 5.30am-6.30am
- Herbert Street (between Goondoon and Auckland streets)
- Goondoon Street (between Herbert and Tanks streets)
- Tank Street (between Goondoon Street and Glenlyon Road).
Gladstone Main Parade and Civic Ceremony, 10am-12pm
- Goondoon Street from the Tank Street to Roseberry Street intersections from 10am to noon.
- Archer Street, Bloomfield Street and Stirrat Street
Boyne Island, 8am-9am
- Malpas Street
Southern centres will also experience temporary closures with
Agnes Water and Seventeen Seventy,10am-11am
- Round Hill Road
- James Street and Wills Road