Rates notices will start arriving from mid-August
GLADSTONE region property owners have been encouraged to take advantage of their rates discount and pay before the due date when rates notices are issued next month.
Rates notices will start to arrive in letterboxes and email inboxes for 32,000 properties from August 19.
Finance portfolio spokeswoman Karen Porter said the annual rate run would be accompanied by an information booklet containing information on council expenditure and the pensioner rebate.
MORE COUNCIL NEWS:
"The early bird discount also applies and ratepayers can save 10 per cent on their general rates by paying their account in full before the due date," Cr Porter said.
Rates can be paid a number of ways, including BPay, by phone on 13 18 16, in person at any Australia Post outlet or at one of council's administration centres, and by mail.
"In addition, ratepayers can now receive and pay their rates via MyPost Digital Mailbox, a new partnership between council and Australia Post," Cr Porter said.
"Ratepayers can also set up a direct debit to have their rates paid in full by the due date.
"I encourage anyone who may have difficulty in paying their rates by the due date to contact our rates and revenue section as soon as possible to arrange a payment plan."
For more information phone Council on 4976 6999 or visit www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/rates.
NEED TO KNOW:
- To access council's instalment payment scheme, complete the form on the back of the rates notice and return to your nearest council office.
- Water rates for the previous six months will be included in the August rates notice.
- BPay and POSTbillpay payments should be made at least two days before the discount deadline.
- Property owners are required to notify Council of a change of address. You can update your address online at www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/change-of-address.
- Register for Australia Post's free MyPost Digital Mailbox at www.digitalmailbox.com.au.