Case of NRL agent accused of killing jockey adjourned

LAWYERS acting for an NRL agent accused of killing a former Kingaroy jockey have asked for more time to make submissions about evidence in the case.

Paul Bruce Sutton, a Sydney-based player manager, is accused of manslaughter over the death of Shaun Miles on May 24 last year during a fight at Kingaroy.

A solicitor, acting as agent for McGirr James Hall &

Associates in Sydney said they needed two weeks to prepare a submission to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The Crown indicated it would need two weeks to reply.

The case was adjourned until February 10.

Sutton, who remains on bail, is believed to have been staying in the South Burnett town to watch the Queensland Open Schoolboy Rugby League carnival.



Opting out of online health records

Opting out of online health records

Tips for the elderly and those who aren't tech-savvy.

Business says council's free caravan park is unfair

Business says council's free caravan park is unfair

Monte Olsen says free rest areas are "killing” his business.

Bill's big plans involve carpark fix

Bill's big plans involve carpark fix

When the Pacific Eden arrived there wasn't any spare carparks.

Local Partners