Mother asks for help
HOMELESS and devastated, Tarshie Ouglitchinin needs a hand. Drastically.
Her house burnt down on Thursday morning, and to give her an even sicker feeling in the stomach, it appears as though the blaze was deliberately lit.
The Callide Street residence in Barney Point had been home for Tarshie and her daughters Skie, 13 and Crystal, 10 for the past three months.
She pulled into the driveway on Thursday at 8.30am to find the burnt-out shell of the rental property with police and Ergon Energy still on the scene.
“I lost it and just started bawling,” Tarshie said.
As with any house fire, it's the sentimental – and irreplaceable – belongings lost that cause the greatest grievance.
“My youngest was 15 weeks early – all her booties, all the photos, the foot moulds, that really upset me,” she said.
“I don't want handouts, but we've lost everything, so what do I do?
“All I've got is the car and the kids ... I feel silly saying please help me.”
The girls haven't returned to the house, and Tarshie doesn't want them to see what is left as they grapple with the knowledge that all their possessions have turned into ash.
Anyone willing to give Tarshie and her daughters a hand, or make a donation in any way, is asked to call The Observer on 49703085.