A WORKERS' accommodation facility in Calliope will almost double the number of workers it caters for if a planning application being voted on at the Gladstone Regional Council general meeting on Tuesday is approved.
The Gladstone Regional Council general meeting agenda for today states that the site, on Calliope River Rd, currently includes a 1152-room facility.
The addition of 1408 rooms would mean a total of 2560 units on the site, each with an ensuite, access to a pool, tennis court and laundry facilities.
Councillors are expected to vote on the development application, lodged in January 2013, at this morning's general meeting.
Councillors will also consider:
- Endorsement of the distribution of $33,000 provided by the Queensland Government for 16 community arts groups for projects in the Gladstone region.
- Re-allocation of unspent funds in the 2013/14 budget to enable resurfacing and/or remediation of the Gladstone Aquatic Centre pool.
- A recommendation that the new Calliope sports complex already approved for construction be named Liz Cunningham Park. The park is known as Pound Paddock, but would be re-named in recognition of Cunningham's contribution.
The proposed Calliope workers' accommodation expansion would include:
- Tennis court and pool
- Total of 2560 rooms
- Ensuites for all units
- 2 storey clusters of units around laundry facilities
- 493 space car park with access to Calliope River Rd