Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



GALLERY: Vietnam Veterans Day service at ANZAC Park

GALLERY: Vietnam Veterans Day service at ANZAC Park

The day is gaining popularity with the public.

FULL LIST: Botanic to Bridge road closures

FULL LIST: Botanic to Bridge road closures

All you need to know and roads to avoid on Sunday morning.

“Serious concerns” for missing 80-year-old

“Serious concerns” for missing 80-year-old

AN 80-year-old man has been reported missing on the Gold Coast after travelling...

Local Partners