Gladstone woman raises funds for fire family
A WOMAN is desperately trying to raise money for her family, who lost everything when fire destroyed their home on Toogoom Rd in Beelbi Creek last week.
Gladstone's Crissy Schimke has started a Go Fund Me page to raise $10,000 for her grandfather, aunt, uncle and her younger brother.
So far $680 has been raised on the fundraising page.
Mrs Schimke said her family had arrived home last Thursday to find the house burnt to the ground.
Tragically, two of their pets died in the fire.
Mrs Schimke said the family had nothing to their names except a couple of sets of clothes and they were staying with friends for a couple of nights at a time.
"My pop cannot afford to rebuild and he takes care of my little 11-year-old brother full-time," she wrote on the Go Fund Me page.
"I'm not rich myself, so this is my way of helping.
"Please help me help my family rebuild their lives.
"Everything will help, even if it is small," she said.
Mrs Schimke's page has been shared on social media 259 times. The fire started about 2.10pm last Thursday.
Several urban and rural fire crews arrived but the blaze had already spread.
The crews then worked through Thursday night to damp down the area to make sure the fire did not reignite.