Origin II - Player ratings
1. Billy Slater: Rating 7 - He was fantastic in the air early but he struggled to reach his spectacular best after injuring a knee.
2. Darius Boyd: Rating 7.5 - Good on the kick return but didn't get a chance to run on the back of Morris and Uate's efforts.
3. Greg Inglis: Rating 7.5 - Morris did well to shut him down. Scored a great try and was hitting his straps as the game progressed.
4. Justin Hodges: Rating 7 - Worked well with Tait on the right-hand side, particularly in the kick/chase. Made a couple of silly errors.
5. Brent Tate: Rating 8.5 - Safe as a house on his wing and didn't stop working despite early injury. Justified his selection and much more.
6. Johnathan Thurston: Rating 7.5 - Quieter than usual, but he always steps up in the big moments and set up the Inglis try. The conversion under pressure was vital.
7. Cooper Cronk: Rating 7.5 - Took charge with some good kick/chase in the first half, but undid his good work when sent to the sin bin. Massive impact upon return but professional foul and subsequent tries turned the game.
8. Matthew Scott: Rating 7 - Didn't have his usual impact early but worked hard late.
9. Cameron Smith: Rating 8.5 - Was always in control when making the big decisions and made a crucial kick retrieve late in the first half.
10. Petero Civoniceva: Rating: 7.5 - Worked hard early and made good yards as always. Did everything asked of him.
11. Nate Myles: Rating 8 - Made some costly errors - one at a crucial time when the Maroons had momentum - but 40-plus tackles is a great performance.
12. David Taylor: Rating 7 - Very costly error when he didn't dive on the ball to score Queensland's first try. Certainly didn't threaten in attack as he normally does.
13. Ashley Harrison: Rating 8 - He will always be picked in Origin teams for his tireless work in attack and defence.
14. Matt Gillett: Rating: 6.5 - Didn't get much of an opportunity but will be better for his second Origin run.
15. Corey Parker: Rating 6.5 - Hard to rate after injured early in the second half but did the job off the bench.
16. Ben Hannant: Rating 8 - Worked hard in defence and backed up superbly to score his side's first try.
17. David Shillington: Rating 8 - Worked really hard in attack when the Maroons were coming back, getting 14 hit-ups for the game. Solid in defence.
NEW SOUTH WALES
1. Brett Stewart: Rating 8.5 - Redeemed an early error with two tries and was one of the Blues' best.
2. Jarryd Hayne: Rating 8 - Had the defence in two minds and it showed with a brilliant run to set up Morris's try.
3. Michael Jennings: Rating 7.5 - Always in the right place to get his side going off kick returns, but didn't threaten in attack.
4. Josh Morris: Rating 9 - Any player who shuts down Inglis must score highly. Capped it off with a try.
5. Akuila Uate: Rating 7 - Handed Queensland its first try on the stroke of half-time and improved as the match progressed.
6. Todd Carney: Rating 8 - Struggled in the first half, but showed what he can do with a great break to set up Stewart and improved as the game progressed.
7. Mitchell Pearce: Rating 7 - Long-range kicking was good, but the short stuff let him down. Struggled to take control of the match.
8. Tim Grant: Rating 7 - Didn't have a huge impact but held his own in a big occasion.
9. Robbie Farah: Rating 9 - Defended tirelessly all game and was one of his side's best with 66 tackles.
10. James Tamou: Rating 7 - A solid performance from a youngster in the arena. Made some good yards.
11. Glenn Stewart: Rating 7 - Was not the performance we have come to know from him, but worked well down the edge.
12. Greg Bird: Rating 9 - Was everywhere in the first half and made a nuisance of himself.
14. Paul Gallen: Rating 8.5 - Another great captain's game, although not his best performance.
15. Trent Merrin: Rating 6.5 - Didn't get much of an opportunity but didn't do anything wrong.
16. Luke Lewis: Rating 8 - Always digs in at this level and did a lot of work behind the scenes.
17. Ben Creagh: Rating 6.5 - For a bloke with a bit of Origin experience he didn't really have an impact, but didn't have a lot of opportunities.
18. Anthony Watmough: Rating 7.5 - Didn't threaten as he usually does but was still solid.