THE announcement of an LNP candidate ahead of the state election has seen an improvement in the odds, according to online bookmaker sportsbet.com.au.
Michael Duggan is already gaining momentum in the betting ring.
His odds are sitting at $16, up from $21 from before a candidate was announced at the weekend.
Independent Craig Butler is still sitting at $3 behind favourite Glenn Butcher from the ALP on $1.40.
Queensland Votes 2015
- Newman creates part-time jobs, while others disappear
- Pauline Hanson's return adds to tough contest for Lockyer
- Arrogance a big issue for Queensland voters
- Young people given just four days to enrol to vote
- Bookies' money on Newman to lose Ashgrove
- LNP still favourite to win election, says analyst
- Gladstone independent confirms she won't run
- Lock the Gate say time for clean food, air and politics in Queensland
- Union: Newman called election to save his own job
- Clive Palmer vows to spend up big to oust Newman