Numerous road closures or open with caution within region
GLADSTONE Regional Council provided a road condition report for the region on Wednesday, February 20.
The information below was correct as at 4.00pm that day.
Road Open Proceed With Caution
- Essendean Bridge - Local Traffic Only - One Lane at a time - Traffic Controlled (As advised by Transport and Main Roads)
- Lowmead Road Falls with Tableland Road and Dawson Road
- Turkey Beach road open 1 lane open at Sandy Creek
- Taunton (Local Traffic only)
- Gorge Road - Falls with Lowmead Road Works in Progress
- Capricornia Road
- Fingerfield Road
- Creevey Road Works in progress
- Pearsons Creek at Deep Water Creek
- Oyster Road 2 Wheel Drive with care
- Blackmans Gap Road from the Bruce Highway
- Pacific Road - One lane only
- Stockbridge Road
No reports current
Open with Caution
- Glenlyon Road, South past Booroo Road
- Old Ten Chain Road
- Mortimer Road
- Gilbert Road
- Old Coach Road
- Brendonna Road
- Talaba Road
- Old Tannum Sands Road, Tannum Sands from Broadacres Drive to Bruce Highway, drive with caution, speed limit 60 km/h
- Blackgate Road, Closed at Calliope River
- Ferguson Road, Closed at Calliope River
- Open with Caution
- Targinnie Road with Extreme Care
- Landing Road
- Gladstone Mount Larcom Road to Mount Larcom
- Nichols Road open with care
- Gladstone Monto Road open with care from Calliope to Many Peaks
- Schilling Lane
- Stowe Road
- Awoonga Dam Road
- Epala Road
- Gentle Annie Road, Mount Larcom
- Darts Creek Road
- Mount Larcom Bracewell Road, Mount Larcom
- Double Creek Bridge, Dawson Highway - 1 Lane is open, 10km/hr, 1 vehicle at a time. Expect delays
- The Narrows Road (Open with extreme caution)
- Mount Alma Road
- Taragoola Road
- Racecourse Road
- Forest Road
- Boyles Road
- Diglum Road
- Cliffton Road, extreme caution
- Raglan Station Road - open with care at Raglan Creek
- Monto Road Boyne River at Littlemore - open with care
- Tableland Road - open with care to Crow Creek
- Cedarvale Road - open with extreme care
- Blackmans Gap Road - open with care
- Gentle Annie Road, Boyne Valley
- Pikes Crossing Road
IMMEDIATE CLOSURE - Weeroona Road Bridge, North of Old Coach Road, Locality of Stowe.
Residents in the area are advised the bridge will be closed due to a failed deck for an indefinite period to carry out investigations and major repairs.
Weeroona Road, which is a loop road with both ends intersecting with the Dawson Highway, will be restricted to local traffic only.
Until the repairs are effected Weeroona Road will be a no through road and access to properties will only be available from the appropriate end.
Council provides road condition reports in good faith but advises this service is reliant on information received by community members.
As such, some road conditions may not be included and the published details may contain errors, especially as conditions tend to change rapidly.