Mum's shocking discovery in baby's chicken lunch

The bone found in a product sold as 100% chicken breast.
The bone found in a product sold as 100% chicken breast.

A TOOWOOMBA mum has expressed her shock and horror at discovering a sharp bone in a chicken product she was about to feed to her baby.

The bone was found in a packet of chicken fingers sold as "`100% chicken breast" at a Coles supermarket in Toowoomba.

"I bought these as a quick lunch option for (my baby) and me but I won't be giving them to her," the mum posted on Facebook.

"I'm just glad she was still napping so didn't get to eat them first.

"Although this is only a small bit, it's sharp and could be dangerous for babies."

The product that contained a 'dangerous' chicken bone.
The product that contained a 'dangerous' chicken bone.

However, the mum admitted that the packaging contained a warning that the product could contain chicken bones.

"I totally understand accidents happen, but seriously?

"It must be pretty common if they write that on the box."



Queensland's body building granny is flexing to the top

premium_icon Queensland's body building granny is flexing to the top

Deb Brown started training three years ago and she's not stopping.

AGNES FIRE: Residents lose power, caravan damaged by blaze

AGNES FIRE: Residents lose power, caravan damaged by blaze

Residents have been urged to keep up to date.

Strangers quick to help save horses from 'fast-moving' blaze

premium_icon Strangers quick to help save horses from 'fast-moving' blaze

Residents were quick to help, in any means possible.

Local Partners