APN's weekly NRL wrap-up
MOST EMOTIONAL TRY: Following the tragic death of his little brother earlier this month, Antonio Winterstein (Cowboys) moved everyone when, after scoring the first of his two tries against Melbourne, he looked to the heavens before shedding some tears.
BEST POST-TRY CELEBRATION: Josh Morris (Bulldogs) pulling the monkey off his back and kicking it into the crowd after ending a long drought.
NEED A TRY-SCORING WINGER? Call Fiji, they grow in trees there. Uate, Radradra and now Storm flash Marika Koroibete (pictured) is adding to the Fijian lustre, submitting his nomination for try of the year after running the length of the field against the Cowboys on Monday night.
HOME SWEET HOME TEAM: Parramatta has knocked over Manly and South Sydney in front of their home fans but has dropped two away games.
TEAM UNDER PRESSURE: Cronulla is still to win a game in 2015 but Manly's mounting injury toll has the spotlight on the Sea Eagles. Forwards Brenton Lawrence (back), Feleti Mateo (ankle), Josh Starling (knee), Jorge Taufua (knee), Clinton Gutherson (knee), Tony Satini (shoulder) and Blake Leary (back) are all out of Saturday night's match against Canberra in Albury, while skipper Jamie Lyon (groin), Steve Matai (shoulder) and Willie Mason (virus) are in doubt. Talk about fielding a pub side.
PLAYERS NEED TO LOOK UP DANGEROUS THROW RULE: Why is the message about tipping players on their heads not getting through? Nine charges from the weekend's round of matches and eight of them were for dangerous throws.
Team of the week
- FULLBACK: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Roosters) 8.5
- WINGER: John Folau (Eels) 8
- CENTRE: Michael Jennings (Roosters) 7.5
- CENTRE: Kurt Man (Storm) 8
- WINGER: Valentine Holmes (Sharks) 8
- FIVE-EIGHTH: James Maloney (Roosters) 7.5
- HALFBACK: Chris Sandow (Eels) 8.
- PROP: Ben Matulino (Warriors) 7.5
- HOOKER: Michael Lichaa (Bulldogs) 8
- PROP: Aidan Tolman (Bulldogs) 8
- SECOND-ROW: Chris Houston (Knights) 8
- SECOND-ROW: Alex Glenn (Broncos) 8
- LOCK: Jason Taumalolo (Cowboys) 8.5