More roads closed after rain
THE sun is shining but after a weekend of rain many roads in the region remain affected.
As of 7am today Gladstone Regional Council had received a number of road closure reports.
To the north of Gladstone no roads were closed but Marsh Road at Calliope river was open to 4wd access only and caution was urged.
It was a different story to the south, however with a number of roads affected by the rain including three that were closed:
- Blackman Gap Road at Colosseum Creek was 150-200mm over
- Bindaree Road at 3 Mile Creek was 200-300mm over
- Gorge Road at Baffle Creek was 3m over
More roads were threatening closure but remain open with drivers urged to proceed with caution.
- Lowmead Road at Scrubby Creek and Harpers Creek
- Reidbed Road at Lagoon Creek
- Wards Road, Miriam Vale
- Blackmans Gap at Colosseum Creek
- Twelve Mile Creek Turkey Beach Road
Gladstone Regional Council also advised residents in Stowe that the Weeroona Road Bridge, North of Old Coach Road will be closed due to a failed deck for an indefinite period to carry out investigations and major repairs.
Weeroona Road, which is a loop road with both ends intersecting with the Dawson Highway, will be restricted to local traffic only.
Until the repairs are effected Weeroona Road will be a no through road and access to properties will only be available from the appropriate end.