A MAN shot during a dispute with police investigating a stolen lawn mower remains in a critical condition with head injuries.
Mitchell Jovic, 29, is in the Princess Alexandra Hospital intensive care unit after he was shot by police at a Rochedale South property on Tuesday morning.
Police allege Mr Jovic and another man were in a four-wheel-drive which suddenly accelerated at two officers, causing them to fire at the vehicle.
The 24-year-old passenger was questioned by police and released on Tuesday afternoon.
No charges have yet been laid against either man.
- City man dreams of sculpture park on Table Top
- Space cowboy: Teen sends balloon into orbit
- Souths superstar Greg Inglis ready to be Aussies' No.1 guy
- Tributes flow for drowning victim Ben Reddich
- Naked guns: Ipswich police stripped of body armour
- Woman fakes cancer to con public to pay for wedding
- Lynda Bellingham dies after battle with colon cancer
- Union boss says police are not cooks, cleaners and maids
- Police shoot man in head as he 'tries to run them down'
- Man, 45, killed in Bruce Highway crash near Marlborough