‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.



Not your average fishing festival

premium_icon Not your average fishing festival

Catching the biggest fish wasn’t the only aim at this weekend’s fishing...

Isolated showers and gusty winds

premium_icon Isolated showers and gusty winds

Northerly winds to bring warmer temperatures across region without much chance of...

How a lack of vending machines inspired a donation

premium_icon How a lack of vending machines inspired a donation

IT started with a 24-hour lab with no vending machine — now the students at CQU...