Man in hospital after reported electrocution at work
A man is recovering in Gladstone Hospital after reportedly suffering an electric shock while at work on Friday night.
Queensland Ambulance Service said paramedics were called to a workplace off Handley Drive, Boyne Island, at 9.38pm after reports a man in his 40s had suffered an electric shock.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene before he was taken to Gladstone Hospital in a stable condition.
A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman could not confirm the identity of the workplace off Handley Drive, Boyne Island.
The Gladstone Observer has contacted Boyne Smelters Limited for a statement to determine if the incident occurred there.