A man and his dog were brought to safety after a fire broke out inside a Maroochydore unit on Thursday morning. Photo: File
A man and his dog were brought to safety after a fire broke out inside a Maroochydore unit on Thursday morning. Photo: File

Man, dog saved as fire breaks out in Coast unit

A man has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a Maroochydore unit this morning.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said one crew was called to the Hinkler Pde address about 5.45am and found smoke issuing from the unit.

It's understood the fire started from a pot left on the stove.

Council hopes to resolve cable contract dispute quickly

Man loses everything as 'squatter' home goes up in flames

The QFES spokeswoman said firefighters removed the man and a dog from the unit.

The man, aged in his 30s, was in a stable condition and was taken to Sunshine Coast University Hospital for further treatment.

Firefighter remained on scene to ventilate the area and left the unit about 6.10am.



$96k to be won in virtual fishing comp

Premium Content $96k to be won in virtual fishing comp

One of the richest virtual fishing competitions in Queensland launches this...

‘Exciting for Flynn’: MP reacts to bridge funding

Premium Content ‘Exciting for Flynn’: MP reacts to bridge funding

Ken O’Dowd MP reacted joyfully to news his electorate received a portion of Federal...

Fishing comp celebrated for its effort during COVID-19

Premium Content Fishing comp celebrated for its effort during COVID-19

A GLADSTONE fishing competition has been celebrated for its resilience during...