Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."



FOR SALE: Home boasts ocean views and ten cartons of beer

FOR SALE: Home boasts ocean views and ten cartons of beer

Ever thought about off-grid living at Captain Creek?

Boyne Valley Rail Trail could attract 30,000 tourists a year

Boyne Valley Rail Trail could attract 30,000 tourists a year

Local communities waiting for work to start

At Bedrock restorations Barney can 'yabba dabba' do it

At Bedrock restorations Barney can 'yabba dabba' do it

Turning rusted wrecks into collectables

Local Partners