Lots of activities in Gladstone keep holiday boredom at bay
THE first week of the school holidays has proved there's much on offer throughout the Gladstone region.
With a seemingly endless array of activities for children of all interests and ages, there's no doubt your children can have a great summer holiday.
The Gladstone region has held many arts and crafts classes at Scrapbooking Fantasies, Bunnings Warehouse and the Community Arts Centre.
There were also educational activities at Tondoon Botanic Gardens.
The local pool, Tannum Sands Beach, Bray Park boat ramp and the PCYC skate park were some of the many locations which seemed to be very popular amongst youngsters on their holidays.
Regardless of whether kids want to get involved in organised activities or make their own fun, Gladstone doesn't miss the mark with enjoyable things to keep kids busy these Christmas holidays.
Christmas has snuck up rather quickly, but don't stress if you haven't got your kids involved in holiday fun.
The New Year has much to offer, with Stockland Gladstone being one of many businesses that has organised activities to keep kids busy.
From Wednesday, January 16 until Sunday, January 20, Stockland Gladstone is offering DIY craft activities.
Tondoon Botanic Gardens, Bunnings and SunFest will all still be running in January, so there's certainly still a great range of activities on offer.
If you not a fan of the hot summer weather, there are plenty of old school favourites which the kids are sure to enjoy.
Twister, Cluedo, Scrabble and Monopoly can all supply hours of entertainment.
- Free DIY Workshop at Bunnings Warehouse, Tuesday and Thursday throughout the school holidays
- Vacation Care at PCYC
- School holiday activities at local libraries
- Scrapbooking Fantasies classes
- SunFest starts January 9. Tickets are on sale now, with activities ranging from laser tag and paintball to art and drama classes
- Tondoon Botanic Gardens are offering more activities from Monday, January 7 to Thursday, January 10. Bookings are essential