Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



'Disgraceful': Call for action on 90-day pay terms

'Disgraceful': Call for action on 90-day pay terms

Calls for change to extended payment terms.

Land owner's plea to flood-proof site after $80k spend

Land owner's plea to flood-proof site after $80k spend

Industrial land owner reaches to council, department for help.

Alarming increase in CQ level crossing incidents

Alarming increase in CQ level crossing incidents

Renewed calls for rail safety during National Rail Safety Week.

Local Partners