Literary Dinner to mingle with authors and illustrators
Bookings are now open for Gladstone Region residents to informally meet visiting authors and illustrators and chat with other book lovers at a Literary Dinner on Sunday, July 24.
The event will be held as part of the Curtis Coast Literary Carnivale to introduce this year's guest presenters.
Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett said the Curtis Coast Literary Carnivale was organised annually by voluntary representatives from schools in the Gladstone Region, Gladstone Regional Libraries and community members.
Environment & Community Services Committee Chair Councillor Cindi Bush said the Curtis Coast Literary Carnivale aimed to promote a love of literature and invited renowned Australian authors and illustrators to host workshops for students and interested residents.
Guest presenters include:
- Dave Hackett (Cartoon Dave) - a regular guest on kids TV.
- Lucia Masciullo - an award winning children's book illustrator from the Gold Coast.
- Kathryn Apel - Part-time Literacy Coordinator who conducts author talks at schools and festivals.
- Gregg Dreise - a teacher, author and illustrator whose words encourage people to set goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Jacqueline Harvey - an award winning Sydney-based author and creator of a popular book series based on characters Clementine Rose and Alice-Miranda.
The Carnivale program, from July 24 to 27, offers writing and illustrating workshops for adults and teenagers; a writing, illustration and publishing panel discussion; talks and workshops for primary and secondary school students; a picture book art exhibition and book launches.
"Participants can learn about steps involved in writing, illustrating and publishing from those with firsthand knowledge," Cr Bush said.
"This event proves popular each year and is keenly supported by Australian authors and illustrators willing to share their experiences with Gladstone Region residents."