Toddler burnt in battery acid spill

A CHILD has been transported to hospital after sitting in battery acid.

Emergency services responded to the incident about 8am this morning on Helen St, Pittsworth.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesperson said a roadworks sign had upended in a trailer where there were batteries, and the acid leaked out into the gutter.

A 14-month old boy is believed to have sat in the acid, sustaining minor injuries.

He was transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

 



Turkey Beach revs up for Tractor Bash

Turkey Beach revs up for Tractor Bash

These machines helped build Australia

Turkey Beach paddock is home to community library and bikes

Turkey Beach paddock is home to community library and bikes

The Turkey Beach community really got on board

Truck fire at Boyne Island

Truck fire at Boyne Island

The fire is believed to have started in the cabin.

Local Partners