Latest diet craze is enough to give you the chills
NEED to lose weight but want to still eat that cake too? Never fear, the latest diet craze (isn't there a new one each week?) is to hold an ice pack against those problem areas for at least 30 minutes and voila, goodbye fat cells.
A recent study found that intense cold applied to those wobbly bits around your hips and tummy will change the white fat cells to brown and allow your body to use them in the production of heat.
The theory goes that since brown cells are used to generate heat, the colder you become the more brown cells will disappear.
So you can pig out on all those things you should eat in moderation, stick an ice pack on your tummy and all will be right with the world.
If something seems too be good to be true, it usually is.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Family stunned by drowning of young fitness instructor
- Footballer dies after somersault to celebrate goal
- Palmer in court over $12 million fund
- Man 'shanks' fellow prisoner 18 times
- Marlisa Punzalan has won the 2014 X Factor
- Man faces rape, sexual assault charges
- Seatbelt saves life of a young mother
- 'Ungodly scream' as boy, 8, bitten by brown snake
- Alert issued before gas worker death
- Police 'on notice' in murder case against O'Dempsey