Increased threat warning never made it to murdered diggers

Secret orders circulated by the headquarters of the US-led military coalition in Afghanistan were not passed on to Australian soldiers before three diggers were killed in an insider attack in August 2012.  

The orders warned of the heightened threat of green-on-blue attacks, and gave orders for "immediate force protection enhancement".  

The three diggers who died - Private Robbie Poate, Lance Corporal 'Rick' Milosevic, and Sapper James Martin - were gunned down by one of the Afghan soldiers they had been helping to train.  

An inquest into their deaths ended in Queensland on Friday.  

The three soldiers were part of a 24-man platoon which was sent to a remote outlying base, Patrol Base Wahab, deep in the Taliban stronghold of Darafshan.  

Read more at ABC News



Northern Oil in Australian-first hydrogen production project

Northern Oil in Australian-first hydrogen production project

Company announces game changing deal.

Airbnb to be regulated: 1770 resort says it's not enough

Airbnb to be regulated: 1770 resort says it's not enough

Council welcomes proposed regulation for short term letting.

Fisheries officers dish out $6428 in fines in Gladstone

Fisheries officers dish out $6428 in fines in Gladstone

What the fisheries officers have achieved since October 2017.

Local Partners