Headphones took off with a bang

A WOMAN on a Melbourne-bound flight has suffered burns after the battery-operated headphones she was wearing exploded and caught fire. The passenger was listening to music and napping on a recent flight from Beijing to Melbourne when about two hours into the journey the headphones caught fire and an apparent explosion jolted her from her slumber. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has not disclosed the name of the woman but has released images of her injuries to highlight the issue of lithium batteries on flights.



'Distraught': Mum's worry after $30k mistake

premium_icon 'Distraught': Mum's worry after $30k mistake

A Gladstone mum is urging others to be vigilant

Gladstone firms make an industrial-sized donation

Gladstone firms make an industrial-sized donation

Industry and businesses chip in for Aussie Helpers charity

REVEALED: New red light speed camera for busy intersection

premium_icon REVEALED: New red light speed camera for busy intersection

The Gladstone spot has been identified as 'high risk'

Local Partners