HARBOUR City BMX is familiar with the feeling of success, and has again proven its worth in the wild sport by bringing home more than a handful of Queensland plates.
Returning from Brisbane's Sleeman Sport Centre, Harbour City had a huge 10 riders classified in the top eight in the state for their categories, adding up to 12 plates returning to the local club.
The haul included four podium finishes and two state champions among the honours.
The wins went to father and son riders Craig and Connor Hall.
"I have never had a first before, but I have had lot of seconds and thirds," Craig Hall said, having won the 50+ men's title.
"I did start because of Connor. I brought him down when he was seven.
"I didn't expect I would still be doing it 11 years later."
While Craig was happily surprised with his plates and trophies, involved for fun, Connor was expecting to be in the mix in both of his races.
A rider who has been at the world championships before, Connor is focussing his energy there again in the next 12 months.
"I have a lot of expectation. I want to be up the top of the list," he said, having crashed in the cruiser final.
"I am heading to Belgium for the world champs again in July."
One of the riders to have won plates for the first time, Jayden Kiss is following in the footsteps of his elder clubmates, and is now after some national success.
"I have been training hard and I was hoping to get it," Jayden said about his plate win.
"That is my aim, get an Aussie plate for the cruiser."
The success of the whole club is becoming infectious, with the massive club ready to chase more at any event riders can get to.
BMX Plated Riders
- 8 yrs Girls- Mackenzie Ryan- 5th
- 9 yrs Girls- Darcy Ryan- 7th
- 11 yrs Girls- Paige Guymer- 8th
- 18 yrs Men's- Connor Hall- 1st
- 50+ Men's- Craig Hall- 1st
- 14 yrs Girls- Tenille Spencer- 5th
- 15-16 yrs Boys cruiser- Jayden Kiss- 4th
- 17 -24 yrs Men's cruiser- Connor Hall- 8th
- 25 -29 yrs Women's cruiser- Chantelle Davies- 3rd
- 35 - 39 yrs Men's cruiser- Ben Guymer- 6th
- 50+ Men's cruiser- Craig Hall- 3rd
- 50+ Women's cruiser- Iris-May Cosgrove- 6th