Many entertainment options these school holidays
SCHOOL holidays have reached their mid-point but Gladstone families still have plenty of entertainment options in the coming week.
From arts and crafts, to markets, movies, and even a mechanical bull, there's no shortage of things to do.
Meanwhile, kids are also making the most of the free time to head to local parks and gardens.
The Observer caught up with plenty this week, at the Marina Playground in Gladstone.
- Gladstone Bowls Club Cent Sale from noon, with cake, walks, raffles and children's prizes. Entry $1 for adults, 50c for children.
- Calliope River Historical Village Market, Calliope Historic Village, from 7am until 1pm, entry by gold coin donation.
- Kids' Boot Camp at Yaralla Sports Club, 9.30am until 10.30am with exercises and activities for kids. $30 includes Monday, Wednesday and Friday sessions.
- Tondoon Botanic Gardens "Potting Around", kids can venture on a walk through the gardens, decorate a pot and plant it with a native seed to take home. Sessions 10am to 11.30am and 1.30pm to 3pm, ages 5+, free.
- Kids' activities at Gladstone Regional Library and Miriam Vale Library, making pipe cleaner acrobats and bunting, circus tent bread, 9am to 11am at Gladstone, 10am to noon at Miriam Vale, free.
- Kids' activities at Calliope Library, making pipe cleaner acrobats and bunting, circus tent bread, 9.30am to 11.30am, free.
- Rumble in the Park, National Youth Week Event at PCYC for ages 12-24, including speed bounce, chopstick popcorn challenge, mechanical bull and obstacle course, free.
- Tondoon Botanic Gardens "Scratch Art", art projects from 10am to 11am, ages 5+, free.
- Family Movie Night at Tondoon Botanic Gardens, Madagascar 3 screens at 6pm,
gold coin donation, food and drink available to buy.