Gladstone hotel evacuated after discovery of gas leak
THE Grand Hotel in the Gladstone CBD was evacuated on Wednesday afternoon after a natural gas leak was detected.
Gladstone Fire and Rescue Service Urban Command crews were called to the scene at 1.50pm on Wednesday, after an excavator cut a gas line at the hote.
Firefighters arrived on scene as surrounding businesses were also evacuated and nearby roads were closed for a short time.
Fire officers conducted atmospheric testing in the area as the ruptured line was repaired by a gas company.
Gladstone QFRS and police service officers were in attendance as the scene was made safe.