Menu
News

Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.

Topics:  editors picks hervey bay lightning scarness storm wildweather



'You're the boss, mate': Man won't stop interrupting magistrate

Gladstone Court House, Yarroon Street.



Photo Brenda Strong / The Observer

Selwyn Noel Eather, 53, said he had 'unknowingly' ingested drugs.

Safe Haven's chance to set up a natural refuge

TINDER DRY: Ms Janssen said because of the very dry conditions on the South Australian property they found no evidence of wombats breeding and "no babies”.

Instead of being killed, wombats may be re-homed in South Australia.

Permanent stage to be built at Tannum Stands

LISTEN UP: There is always great music at BAM.

The facility will be donated to council by BTABC and Boyne Smelters.

Local Partners